Turlock Concert Association announces subscription drive
The Turlock Concert Association is about to carry you away on another musical adventure! TCA is launching its 80th season, 2019-2020, and invites you to join them in their annual subscription drive. The drive begins now and they need you!
Season subscription is about half the cost of tickets to five concerts separately at $25 each and season subscribers are also admitted free to concerts at thier sister concert associations in Modesto, Lodi, and elsewhere. Your subscription is essential to the program’s success.
Here is the exciting program for 2019-2020.
· Sat, Sept 21: MONICA DASILVA & CHAD ALGER, BRAZILIAN-AMERICAN DUO. Brazilian-American vocalist/songwriter Monica and musician/producer Chad mix pop with Bossa Nova, airy and sweet with a Latin beat. Perfect tempos and Monica’s sweet vocals in English and Portuguese perfectly marry North and South American cultures.
· Fri, Jan 24, 2020: ADAM SWANSON, a top performer of vintage American popular music, including ragtime, jazz, and the Great American Songbook. Adam is the only four-time World Champion of the Old-Time Piano Playing Contest. He is featured at ragtime and jazz festivals across the USA. Adam has performed at the Kennedy Center and in Hungary, Switzerland, and Australia.
· Sat, Feb 15: ADAM DEGRAFF is an accomplished violinist, composer, producer, educator, and farmer! He has been a first-chair professional orchestral musician. Adam’s Rock Violin combines popular music with a hint of classical. A pyrotechnical fiddler, Adam has millions of YouTube views.
· Thurs, March 19: ORQUESTA DHARMA is an award-winning Latin jazz orchestra with some of the best jazz and Latin musicians. The band includes three Grammy-winners: trombonist Jamie Dubberly, Cuban percussionist Carlos Caro, and Peruvian bassist David Pinto, as well as Brubeck Institute Assistant Director pianist Randy Sandoli, and drummer and Downbeat magazine contributor Brian Andres. This quintet brings an intimate, but powerful and invigorating concept of Latin jazz and salsa.
· Sat, May 23: THE COMMANDERS, an energetic group of highly trained professional musicians, delivers jazz in all varieties: traditional, hot, cool, bop, swing, and Broadway and patriotic music, too. Selections might include favorites from Glenn Miller, Duke Ellington, Woody Herman, Count Basie, and Dizzy Gillespie, as well as today’s groups, delivered by the band’s enchantingly talented vocalist. You won’t forget this entertaining show that will satisfy every musical taste!
Subscription prices include a season ticket for all five concerts noted above, plus additional concerts at our sister concert associations:
· Adults: $60 through May 31, 2019; or $65 after.
· Family (2 adults plus children): $130 per family through May 31, 2019; or $140 after.
· One-adult Family (1 adult plus children): $70 per family through May 31, 2019; or $75 after.
· Student alone: $35 through May 31, 2019; or $40 after
For brochure or season tickets please call Darlene Runsten at 209-480-4020 or Ken Weisel at 209-606-6682. For more information log onto TurlockConcert.com.