Privacy and Cookies Policy
Effective date: December 17, 2018
Mid-Valley Publications (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://MercedCountyTimes.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address when registering for a newsletter
- First and last name and email when registering for an account
- First and last name, email, and profile information when registering and logging in via social media accounts
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as reader’s computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that a reader visits, the time and date of the visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a reader’s browser from a website and stored on device being used. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service and how it is being used.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, some portions of our Service will be rendered inoperable due to cookies being necessary for them to function.
Examples of Cookies we use include but are not limited to:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember a reader’s preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies to help ensure the authenticity of a connection and other security purposes.
Use of Data
Mid-Valley Publications uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify readers about changes to our Service
- To allow readers to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so such as commenting
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Mid-Valley Publications may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Mid-Valley Publications
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Privacy Management Platforms
- OneTrust — OneTrust is dedicated privacy management technology platform used by more than 2,000 customers to comply with data privacy regulations across sectors and jurisdictions, including the EU GDPR, ePrivacy (Cookie Law), California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and more. OneTrust uses data collected from our website that we share with it in order to help ensure we are operating our website in a secure manner that protects and safegaurds our readers data.For more information on the privacy practices of OneTrust, please visit the OneTrust Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.onetrust.com/privacy/
- MailChimp — MailChimp is a marketing automation platform and an email marketing service. MailChimp uses data collected in the form of a submitted email from readers of our website who would like to sign up for our newsletter.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Quantcast — Quantcast is a web analytics service offered by Quantcast that helps website owners understand the characteristics and demographics of the people who visit their sites. Quantcast uses data collected from our website that we share with it in order to provide us with these additional insights.You can opt out by navigating to https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out/For more information on the privacy practices of Quantcast, please visit the Quantcast Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.quantcast.com/privacy/
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: [email protected]
- By visiting this page on our website: Https://MercedCountyTimes.com/Contact-Us