Golden Valley High School is celebrating its 25th Anniversary during the 2019-2020 school year.
To recognize this milestone, a group of alumni and staff have established the Golden Valley High School Alumni Foundation. The Foundation’s goal is to extend the positive influence the school has had in the lives of its alumni and to elevate the aspirations of its current students.
To recognize and celebrate 25 years since Golden Valley opened its doors, and also to spotlight alumni and past staff members who have made significant contributions to the school and/or their community, the Foundation will be hosting its first annual Outstanding Alumni and Staff Hall of Fame Dinner on Feb. 8, at the Merced County Fair Pavilion.
Unlike other similar community dinners, the Foundation’s objective is to recognize not only athletes, but also Golden Valley alumni and staff who have made significant contributions to the GVHS legacy and their communities.
This year’s nominees are:
- Ralf Swenson, 1993-2007, first GVHS Principal • Donna Ivy, 1994-2001, Original Admin. Assistant
- Greg Christiansen, 1994-2012, First Band Director
- Rob Strickland, 1994-2014, Teacher, Aquatics Coach
- Mike Murphy, Class of 1997, Current Mayor of Merced
- Doug Fister, Class of 2020, Retired MLB Player
- Sue Emanivong, Class of 1999, Business Owner
- Christoper Randle, Class of 2007, Pro Football Player
- Jacqueline Robinson Huggins, Class of 2000, Volleyball
- Aaron Castelton, Class of 1997, Attorney at Law
Ticket prices start at $50 per person with reserved tables and sponsorships available. Tickets are also available online at Eventbrite under “GVHS Hall of Fame Foundation Dinner,” or by going to the Golden Valley High School Website and clicking on the Foundation tab.