The Merced College Community Chorus will be hosting its annual holiday concert, “Winter Wonderland: A Holiday Concert & Sing-A-Long,” at the campus theater on Friday, Dec. 9, and Saturday, Dec. 10, both starting at 7:30 p.m.
Come out to enjoy an evening of wonderful choral music, with selections by composers Gabriel Fauré and John Rutter, and conducted by Merced College professor Alex Simon.
“The ensemble took a hiatus during the pandemic, but we are excited to be singing altogether again,” Simon said. “We have been working on this music throughout the fall, and the singers have put in a lot of time into their preparation. The choir will be singing many holiday classics, in addition to a few beautiful choral selections. Best of all, we will be asking the audience to sing with us on some popular carols as well. This should be a really fun evening of music, and a wonderful celebration of the holiday season. How wonderful is it to have such a fantastic ensemble providing holiday music for the Merced community.”
- Accompanist: Denise Rallis
- Sopranos: Kathy Adamcik, Franchesca Aguilar, Theresa Aguilar, Merrilyn Boothe, Pat DeFehr, Izumi Johno, Phyllis McCaughey, Candice Medefind, Karen Orong, Richelle Ortiz, Erica Perez, Rhodora Schmidt, Roberta Seno, Liana Trosen, Hannah Weikart, Karen Whitmyre, and Holly Zacharias.
- Altos: Araceli Armenta, Laura Beaster-Jones, Karen Bohrer, Marlena Boyle, Janet Buckley, LaVon Cronk, Kylie Greenwood, Alissa Gutierrez, Janet Hendricks, Barbara Hunsuck, Carol Mason, Charlie Moses, Juli Rice, Marianne Shaw, and Annie Van Patten.
- Tenors: Richard C. Bayne, Matthew DaCosta, Angel Estrada Cervantes, Dave Hunsuck, and John Mattos.
- Basses: Jim Buckley, Luke Dilodovico, Austin Fernandes, Dale Holness, Fred Michaelis, Jared Sousa, Jack Van Patten, and William Wohltman
Tickets for the concert are $12 for general admission, and $10 for seniors, students, and military. Tickets can be purchased at the door, or online at http://mccd.tix.com/.
Members of the Merced College Community Chorus meet on Tuesday evenings at the Merced College campus. The choir sings a range of repertoire utilizing different genres from many cultures. The choir is open to all members of the community, regardless of experience, age, or ability. For more information about joining the Merced College Community Chorus, please reach out to the following email: email@example.com.